Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Learning how to BE QUIET!



Have you ever gotten yourself in a conversation that was a time-waster and you think to yourself, "Why did I even entertain that foolishness?" Well, lately I caught myself in conversations of this sort, unintentionally. I get off the phone or walk away upset and bothered while the other person have not a care in the world! Why do we continue to be others trash cans? Well enough is enough.  I have learned which conversations to avoid with the help of two expert teachers, my husband and a great friend of mine. They don't care for foolishness and I am willing to be their grasshopper in training. LOL

In the past, I avoided any possible communication with those who are not like-minded. People wouldn't hear from me in months and this wold be one of the reasons why. I hate gossip and trash-talking, it leaves me with bitter thoughts about the people talking trash. The bible says let no corrupt communication come from your mouth (Ephesians 4:29) and I believe it goes had in hand with listening to it (being a garbage can). My pastor spoke of this very same thing and somehow now it seems people have gotten clever at tricking me to listen. Now I respond emotionally to rid myself from conversing before I would simply hang up. But my wise counsel has taught me to either change the subject to something totally random or not to respond at all. Easier said than done, but I cannot be apart of foolishness! How do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment