Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pregnancy: 20 weeks

I figured I write about my experiences so far in my fifth pregnancy!

I am experiencing a world of things in this pregnancy. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the new climate or what! Baby 5 will be my first baby who has gone through their full 9 months here in Texas. I was 4 months when we arrive here.

So....up until this point, I've experienced achy joints, stiffness, sickness, the works!! Never has this happened to me! All of my pregnancies have been smooth sailing, but I've accepted the fact that I can handle anything! My cravings have been a bit extreme!

When I first discovered I was pregnant, I craved Flamin' Hots with pickle juice. As time progressed, I wanted anything seafood (so did my husband!!) now it's anything peanut!! Peanut butter spreaded on a piece of whole grain bread with a slice of apple pie is my favorite right now, Honey Graham peanut butter sandwiches, and an assortment of nuts! I have literally gone nuts!! As of today, I need some peach cobbler! LOL... I know! Sad right?!

Now enough about me!! Here's some info about baby's progress so far!
Thanks to Babycenter.com for the info:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to her bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)
She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and will see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

My Stats:
My pre-pregnancy weight: 135lbs
Now: 131 lbs
I always lost before I pick up weight due to the desire not to eat as much the first few weeks. But, I am packing on now thanks to this peanut butter diet this baby has me on!

I will try to fit a video in this series soon! Look out for the next post in October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment