Blogger Backgrounds

Friday, May 4, 2012

Headaches be gone!



For as long as I can remember, I've always suffered from horrible headaches and migraines. When I get a headache, it ruins the entire day. I can't eat, can't tend to my family, am sensitive to light and I will be in bed all day long. Just recently, I did my research on ways I can eliminate them. First let us define what a headache and migraine is because there's a difference!


Headache: A pain in the head with the pain being above the eyes or ears, behind the head, or under the back of the upper neck.


Migraine headache: A migraine headache can cause intense throbbing or pulsing in on area of the head and is commonly accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Migraine attacks can cause significant pain for hours to days and be so sever that all you can think about is finding a dark, quiet place to lie down.


My last migraine headache was a week ago with the symptoms listed above. It lasted 2 days! I've had enough! I researched some natural remedies to relieve me and I felt bad to know that I am the cause of my own headaches/migraines. I have used stress and kids as the excuse for my headaches, but my diet had a lot to do with it. I started my consciousness about nutrition but slacked off. I then noticed that my body was reacting to the change. Dehydration and inflammation are some causes for headaches..

To rid myself from myself (if that made any sense) was to eat healthier and incorporate these super foods to get rid of my migraine headaches:

1. WATER!!!!!! Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water is a much needed nutrient and we ted to stay away from it because it doesn't taste like anything. We want whatever we eat and drink to be fun and full of flavor, but the simplicity of water will go a long way and our bodies will be ever so grateful and will not work against you.

2. FATS!!! Healthy fats that is. When cooking, I use olive oil instead of canola and vegetable oil. Basically fried foods are a no no. I saute a lot of my dishes and broil my veggies. 

3. WHOLE GRAINS!!! Eating foods that contain whole grains relieved my headaches. From breads to pasta, it truly makes a difference. The taste is a bit different but I am getting used to it.

4. FRESH VEGGIES/JUICES!!!!  I have added more green veggies to my diet as well. I have tried a concoction of spinach, carrots and pears...it tastes horrible, but cheers to a pain-free life..I guess. When I need some flavor, I juice. Orange juices, orange mango...yum!

These little changes made a world of a difference in my life the past week. I know exercising plays a significant role, but I am still working on being consistent with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment